Here are 5 tips to help keep you vehicle in good running condition:
- Check all hoses and belts. With the heat of summer, and general wear, hoses and belts can become cracked and brittle. Examine your belts. Look for missing teeth, cracks, and uneven wear. As you examine the hoses, again look for cracks, dried/wet fluid spots, nicks or holes. Check fluid levels and be sure the correct fluid has been used.
- Check the heater, defroster, and air conditioning system. This will increase cabin comfort, and safety as you confirm the defroster is in good working order. Frosted windows due to an inoperative defroster is not safe for anyone on the road!
- Check the brake system and exhaust system. Have the brake linings, rotors, and drums inspected to ensure they are in good working order. Look for leaks, damages, broken supports, or noises that may be coming from the exhaust system. If there is any damage, have these systems repaired immediately to keep you and your family safe.
- Check the tires and battery. Look for uneven wear and tear on the tires, Check for nicks. If you are finding consistent uneven wear, you may need your tires rotated and balanced, or even an alignment (which don't forget Jake's Auto now offers alignments). Regarding the battery be sure the connection is clean. If you have any concerns about your battery, be sure to have it replaced.
- Check windshield wipers and lighting. Windshield wipers need to be cleaned, and changed regularly. If your wipers are scratching, or screeching, or not cleaning off your windshield, it's time to replace them. Check your headlights and brake lights. Make sure you will be able to see the road. If not you may need to adjust the angle of your headlights. Have someone stand behind your car, and push on the brake pedal to ensure the brake lights are working. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
These are just a few tips to help keep your car in good running order, and keep you safe. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to call us at 801-571-4471 and we will be happy to make an appointment for us to check your car.