We don't need to give you a step-by-step guide on how to clean your car. Everybody has their own way of doing it, but we do want to share some helpful tips.
Be sure to clean out any clutter. Once your car is clean, you'll want to keep up on the clutter, and this will only take a few minutes if you clean it out regularly. Before vacating your vehicle, take a quick look around, and pick up anything that has been left behind.
Keep a garbage container in your vehicle. Line it with a garbage bag, and empty it regularly.
Don't eat in your vehicle. This way you don't have to worry about stale food, crumbs, or wrappers that are left behind. Plus there won't be any sticky spills if you're not eating or drinking in your car.
Here are the interesting tips, maybe the ones you wouldn't think about off the top of your head:
- Magic Eraser. A magic eraser works great when it comes to taking scuff marks off of car vinyl. The dirt and grime comes right off!
- Screw Driver. Wrap a cloth around the head of the screwdriver, and use it to clean out small crevices.
- Potato. Did you know that if you cut a potato in half, and rub the potato (aka potato juice) on your windshield it will work like Rain-X? It works great on those rainy days.
- Foam Brush. Use a foam brush to clean out your vents. Gently push it in, and pull it out. You will be amazed at how dirty the brush comes out.
- Goop. Do you have issues getting the console, cup holders, etc, wiped clean? Use goop (find a great recipe here). This stuff will pull out the dirt and dust that are difficult to wipe out. Plus it's a great activity for the kids to play with later!
- Laundry Scent Booster. Instead of a using an air freshener, put some laundry scent booster in a mesh bag, and put it under the seat. Each time you drive your car, you'll get a whiff of that clean laundry scent.
Having a clean car increases the longevity of the life of your vehicle, and helps you properly maintain it. Besides who doesn't feel calmer in a clean space?