- Stay alert. Be aware of suspicious people, vehicles, or situations around you. Keep you purse, bags, or wallet close to your person.
- Park in well-lit areas. Have your keys ready before you arrive at your car. Keep your doors locked.
- Don't leave valuables in your vehicle. If you do leave valuables or recently purchased shopping, keep them in a trunk. Remember the old adage, "out of sight, out of mind."
- Don't carry around large amounts of cash. Don't pull out credit or debit cards until asked by cashiers. Don't make it easy for someone to snap a picture of your card, or pick pocket you for that extra cash.
- Shop with friends. There is safety in numbers.
- If you are shopping with small children, keep them close. Make a plan ahead of time if you get separated. Explain that they can go talk to a clerk if they get lost.
It's such a magical time of year, we hope that a few helpful tips will continue spreading the magic of Christmas through out the season.